We know how in marriage, life and laziness get in the way of applying knowledge that we have. Interestingly, the same thing happens when it comes to personal finance; we acquire tons of knowledge but how much of it do we apply? Here are a few personal finance basics few take time to practice.
I’m Too Lazy to Have a Fantastic Marriage
Yes, I’m too lazy. I don’t have the energy and this is why my marriage is “good”. Sure, there are people with great marriages but those ones have two heads, you just can’t see the other one with your physical eyes. Someone once likened a great marriage to ducks swimming, smooth and effortless on top when underneath they’re actually paddling like crazy!
Think about the most successful students, musicians, or athletes you know. You see them when they excel and receive awards and accolades. They’re always looking awesome and pumping their fists, and you’re never thinking of the nights spend studying while others were sleeping, the hours spent rehearsing, writing and recording, or the disciplined training and achy muscles.
It all just looks fun and exciting, pretty much the way genuinely happy and fulfilled couples look.
Important Questions You Must Answer to Beat Poverty
- What can I do, right now, to increase my income?
- How can I reduce my expenses? In what ways can I cut spending?
- Apart from my main income stream, what do I have that is of value to others, and how can I polish and package it to earn income for me?
- What am I naturally good at? What are my talents and gifts? How many of them have I honed into skills?
- Do I know people who have walked my chosen path to wealth? How can I learn from them?
- What opportunities for earning more and building wealth have I missed in the past and why? Can I salvage any?
See more HERE.
What Does the Bible Say About Laziness?
It gives me no small comfort to know that regardless of what challenge I’m facing at any time, the Bible has something to say. From anger, to too much talk, sound counsel abounds in the Bible. It is not silent on the issue of laziness either. Is it merely a bad habit, or a potentially dangerous one? What does the Bible say about laziness? Read more…